Are You a Landlord or Property Manager?
Do you have questions on issues such as:
- How to handle foreclosures of rental homes?
- What to do when a service member wants to terminate his or her lease?
- What laws apply to treating a property for bed bugs, or other insects?
- When a lease can be terminated for violations of community policies?
- How to handle a resident’s complaint about mold in a rental unit?
- Responding to a resident’s request for a reasonable accommodation, such as asking for a designated parking space, or requesting an emotional support animal.
- Whether your existing lease and other community policies include the best practices for landlords and property managers?
- What to do when a tenant dies in a rental unit?
- What you can charge a tenant who pays rent with a bad check?
If you have questions such as these or regarding any aspect of landlord-tenant law in Virginia, the FutureLaw team of attorneys and consultants has decades of experience in providing advice to landlords and property managers on a broad array of property management and landlord-tenant issues. We offer a full scope of property management legal services, including:
- Serving as outside general counsel to property management companies;
- Drafting and reviewing leases and other forms,
- Representing clients before the Fair Housing Board, Real Estate Board and other regulatory agencies